HD and SD Video Capture for Archival and Distribution
Grass Valley Pegasus is a high-quality video capture system comprised of PCI Express hardware and software. Capable of accepting input from a variety of standard definition (SD) and high definition (HD) sources, including PC graphics, and featuring a Canopus HQ hardware codec chip, Pegasus lets you preview, capture and store footage in pristine quality – perfect for archiving or delivering out via SD and HD mediums.
The Demo Video Creator's Dream Come True
At last, there is an affordable, easy-to-use solution for capturing video for use in demonstration and training videos. Pegasus' inputs include S-Video, YUV and RGB analogue and HDMI*, making it ready for today's range of video game consoles. With the included converter cable, you can also capture VGA output – ideal for creating tutorials of your software. But it doesn't end there, as Pegasus can also capture external two-channel analogue audio, and up to eight channels of embedded audio via HDMI.
And since Pegasus is a hardware-based image capture solution, there’s no need to worry about system specifications allowing for realtime, full frame rate, high resolution video capture.
Onboard Canopus HQ Codec Chip – Capture with the Best
Already a prominent part of Grass Valley's EDIUS line of NLE solutions, the Canopus HQ codec offers supreme visual quality without the excessive hard disk storage costs normally associated with HD video ingest. With Pegasus, you can be assured that the HD video content you output from your HD sources will be perfectly preserved, ready for you to either edit, author to DVD, Blu-ray or HD DVD, or store for later usage. Because the input quality is so clean, subsequent conversions to other distribution formats – such as mobile phones or the Web – are cleaner too.
Pegasus includes the Canopus Codec Pack for you to incorporate your captured Canopus HQ AVI files into any Windows®-based video application.
- High-quality capture of HD and SD video using an onboard Canopus HQ hardware encoding chip
- Capture up to 1920x1080/60i, 50i** and 1280x720/60p, 50p video
- Capture PC display signals up to 1280x1024 without downscaling
- Capture via HDMI*, DVI†, S-Video, YUV and RGB component inputs
- Includes the HQ Recorder capture software, providing three capture modes: Auto capture (when an input signal is detected), Manual capture and Scheduled capture
- Includes the Canopus Codec Pack, providing import of Canopus HQ AVI files in Windows-based video applications
- Software Development Kit (SDK) for software engineers to create their own Pegasus-based solutions
* HDMI support for 1.0 (HDMI 1.1-1.3, HDCP not supported)
** 1080p capture is not supported
† DVI capture requires an HDMI-DVI converter, sold separately
Note: Video that contains copy control, such as Copy-once, Copy-never, or Macrovision cannot be captured.