1. LIVE DESKTOP MONITORS with integrated multi-view monitoring, let you arrange and select shots with confidence. View all switcher sources at full field rate, with audio level overlays.
2. NETWORK INPUTS let you go wireless with breakthrough Apple® AirPlay® support. Deliver video and audio from iOS devices, such as iPad®, iPod®, or iPhone®, into your live production. Or bring in displays from your PC or Mac®, using NewTek iVGA™ technology.
3. LOOK-AHEAD PREVIEW MONITOR displays your upcoming video output. Prepare multilayered effects, preview the output as it will appear live, and then switch with confidence.
4. PROGRAM MONITOR shows the current video output of your live production, and lets you see what your audience sees. Access controls for record and stream functions, configure your video output, and more.
5. ONE-BUTTON RECORDING captures content from your live production at full resolution (up to 1080p). TriCaster 450 includes options to record your entire presentation, an individual switcher source, clips for DDR playback during the show, and more.
6. ONE-BUTTON INTERNET STREAMING allows you to use Adobe® Flash® or Microsoft® Windows Media® to deliver a full, HD live stream directly to the Web, with simultaneous archive for later viewing, and support for multi-bitrate streaming profiles. The Streaming Profile Manager includes an integrated browser to make configuration, import and previewing of your Web streams quicker and easier than you thought possible. Save and manage all of your settings for instant access at a later date.
7. LIVE PRODUCTION SWITCHER gives you control over all 14 channels, including four external video sources, four virtual mix/effect-style channels, two DDRs, two external network inputs, graphics channel, frame buffer and black. Custom names can be added to switcher sources.
8. UTILITY ROW makes it easy to assign sources to the Effects (FX) bus, downstream key (DSK) channels, and auxiliary (AUX) output. Utility Delegate controls let you use the Utility Row to apply selections to individual or multiple delegates, simultaneously.
9. UTILITY DELEGATE lets you set the Utility Row to send video and graphics to the FX bus, DSKs and/or AUX output. Delegates currently affected by Utility Row selections are highlighted, while sources currently assigned are displayed for easy reference.
10. VIRTUAL INPUTS are powerful virtual mix/effect-style channels that let you assign complex switcher effects to one button. TriCaster 450 includes four, fully customizable Virtual Inputs, each with multiple presets.
11. TRANSITION CONTROLS let you transition individual or multiple video layers on and off screen. Select the Transition Delegate button of the desired video layer(s), then use manual or auto controls to perform single-source transitions, or switch from one multi-source composition to another.
12. TRANSITIONS add interest and impact to your live production. TriCaster 450 includes more than 200 broadcast-quality effects.
13. HD LIVE VIRTUAL SETS let you achieve the look of a network-style studio in a limited space, using innovative NewTek LiveSet™ technology. Instantly select close-up, medium, medium-wide and wide angle shots, or perform smooth, animated zooms - without moving the camera. Sets include double-box effects and options for seated or standing presentations.
14. VIRTUAL INPUT CONTROLS let you select two primary switcher sources, create a mix/effect-style composition, and use an additional source as an overlay. Configure virtual sets, layer live elements, set upstream picture-in-picture effects, and more.
15. DIGITAL MEDIA PLAYERS include two DDRs for video playback, a graphics store, and a sound player, making it easy to add video clips, music, images, and more, including clips captured during a live event, for immediate playback. HD and SD resolutions are supported in a variety of popular file formats, with adjustable audio level settings for every clip.
16. LIVE TITLES give your production a network-style finish. Bring in graphics, titles, and animated overlays to layer on your live video, lock a title or bug to a camera or Virtual Input, and set the in and out motion for each. Title pages can be edited, even when displayed live.
17. MULTI-CHANNEL AUDIO MIXER gives you control over microphones, line inputs and clip playback levels, with audio-follows-video support and auxiliary routing to integrate an external audio setup.
14 – 6 external, 4 internal, 4 virtual inputs
4 simultaneous live video sources, in any combination of HD-SDI, HD Component, SD-SDI, SD Component, Y/C (BNC) or Composite connections and resolutions
2 live sources via Gigabit connection, selectable from any networked computer or Apple® AirPlay® device
integrated digital media sources for video, graphics and sounds: 2 DDRs, GFX and Sound
5 channels for static graphics or watch folder
4 independent, mix/effect-style channels, with transitions and per-source 3D positioning, scaling and cropping
2 primary DSK channels and dedicated upstream overlay per virtual input, each with independent transition controls, 3D positioning, scaling, cropping and integrated TransWarp effects
Effects and Transitions
Integrated TransWarp effects engine on all effects channels supports standard transitions, customizable animation store transitions with audio, and overlay effects
Animation Store Creator for custom animations
Supports per-pixel alpha blending between sources and real-time 3D warping of video or graphics
Virtual Sets -24 HD live virtual sets, with multiple camera angles, real-time reflections, specular highlights, animated zoom and presets
Configurable for up to 8 output connections and 2 independent A/V output signals 2 x SDI (Program and AUX)
2 x Analog configurable for Component or Y/C (BNC) + Composite (Program and AUX) HDMI output (Program) Network output for live streaming (Program)
Multi-track, multi-format recording of up to 4 simultaneous channels via IsoCorder™ technology. Native recording in up to 1080p with timecode. Encoding format selectable per source: QuickTime®, MPEG-2 (high or normal profile), AVI (SpeedHQ), and H.264 (high or Web quality)
Accommodates ~ 40 hours 1080i or ~ 240 hours 480i via internal drive and removable 1TB media drive (included). 1 trayless SATA III removable drive bay with hot-swap support for unlimited storage and backup. Simultaneous recording of 2 channels per drive via IsoCorder.
HD live streaming via Gigabit connection, with simultaneous archive. Presets in up to 720p, supporting most common streaming profiles and custom multi-bitrate streaming profiles, configured via browser based plug-ins, Adobe® Flash® to Flash media server connections or Microsoft® Windows Media® Push/Pull. Streaming Profile Manager with integrated Web browser and integrated Livestream® plug-in
4 SDI Embedded
3 x 2 Balanced 1/4” (Mic/Line)
1 x 2 Balanced XLR (Mic/Line)
Analog audio levels conform to SMPTE RP-155
Phantom Power Support
2 SDI Embedded
1 x 2 Balanced XLR
1 x 2 Balanced 1/4” (AUX)
1 Stereo 1/4” (phones)
Integrated multi-channel audio mixer for internal and external audio sources, outputs, stream and headphones
Seven-band equalizer and full stereo compressor/limiter per input and output
Digital audio inputs equipped with audio time-base synchronizers
Supports iPad® audio mixing app for touchscreen remote control of audio mixer
NTSC: 1080/30p, 1080/24p, 1080/60i, 720/60p, 720/30p, 720/24p, 480/60i
Multi-Standard: NTSC-J; PAL 1080/25p, 1080/50i, 720/50p, 720/25p, 576/25i
Playback Media Formats
AVI, DV, DVCPro, DVCProHD, FLV, F4V, H.263, H.264, MOV, MKV, MJPEG, MPEG (1, 2, all profiles, program or transport streams), MP4, WMV, WebM, PSD, PNG, TGA, BMP, JPEG, EXR, RAW, TIF, AIFF, MP3, WAV, and more, with Import Media application for batch import with optional transcoding of files (including Apple ProRes)
Export Media Formats
Export media application for batch copying with optional transcoding of files to compatible formats for different applications and devices: AVI, DV, DVCPro, DVD, H.264, MOV, MPEG-2, MJPEG, MP4, WebM and more
Presets for NLEs: Adobe Premiere®, Avid® Media Composer®, Apple® Final Cut Pro®, and more
Presets for mobile platforms: Android®, iPad®, iPhone®, iPod Touch® and more
NewTek SpeedEDIT 2 non-linear editor available via download for Add-On installation
NewTek SpeedHQ codecs for Mac and PC included for extended file compatibility with TriCaster and system applications
DVI and HDMI monitor outputs for user interface and multiview preview, with selectable layouts
Integrated Waveform and Vectorscope, full field rate with color preview and support for ITU-R Rec. 601 and 709
Video: 4:4:4:4, 32-bit Floating Point
Audio: 4 channels, 96 kHz, 32-bit Floating Point
Includes TriCaster 455 hardware control surface
Surface ~ 23.5 x 0.5 x 11.6 in (59.7 x 1.3 x 29.5 cm)
Base ~ 22.5 x 2.0 x 10.8 (57.2 x 5.1 x 27.4 cm)
14.6 lbs (6.6 kg)
2U Rack Mount, with 430W power supply and multi-tiered hardware and software fail-safe
19.0 x 3.5 x 21.5 in (48.3 x 8.9 x 54.6 cm)
26 lbs (11.8 kg)
MONITORS ARE NOT INCLUDED IN THE PRICE. FOR ILLUSTRATION ONLY
Specifications are subject to change without notification.