24-Channel, Multi-Camera Production.
With the 24 channel, multi-camera TriCaster 855, you can have up to 8 cameras, plus 5 digital media players for video clips, graphics and titles, and 2 network channels for sharing computer screens and displays from wireless iOS devices. 8 M/E-style virtual inputs let you stage live virtual sets, and create custom picture effects and presets, when you need to give your big show even bigger impact.
The bigger your live production, the more sources there are that need close management. With keyboard and mouse control or the intuitive control surface, you can click your way to every function of the system. With the highly responsive control surface console, you get immediate control―a physical extension of your reflexes―orchestrating every move with familiar production controls at your fingertips, for live, hands-on navigation of the system UI.
TriCaster 855 glides smoothly into your control room or live truck rack—ready to rock. With redundant power supply and multi-tiered fail-safe, you have industrial-strength performance and the ability to adapt to every situation. Industry-standard SDI, more-extensive format compatibility than ever, and a long list of file types allow the TriCaster 855 to ease into your workflow and handle your most challenging needs.
IsoCorder™ multi-track video recording technology combines the capabilities of literally racks of video capture equipment. This innovative technology saves loads of space, enhancing your studio with a powerful, built-in, real-time ISO recording system of all 8 camera inputs, simultaneously—right inside the user interface. Record your entire show, select camera footage, and more, at full resolution to meet your most challenging post-production demands.
Electrifying Visual Effects.
Customizing your signature look—even for multiple shows—requires a style that makes an impression on your audience. TriCaster 855 hosts the most powerful integrated effects engine in live production. Choose from full-color, animated transitions with alpha channel and embedded audio; deliver a cohesive presentation with imaginative, branded elements, like real-time cloth dynamics, 3D video warping and transformations with TransWarp effects and motion overlays. And, create your own custom effects using the included Animation Store Creator application.
One-Size-Fits-All File Compatibility.
TriCaster 855 lets you usher media assets from pre-production, to live (or from post to distribution), in no time. With QuickTime® encoded files embedded with timecode and 4 audio tracks, you have the comfort of a high-quality, universal file format that floats effortlessly between TriCaster, Mac® and Windows® platforms, and all common editing and post-production software. Plus, codecs for Mac and PC let you equip your entire facility to encode media assets for optimized, real-time playback.
Enjoy the capacity for hundreds of hours of recorded media. 5 integrated digital media players are on-hand to augment your production, on top of 10 live and 8 virtual sources. Need more? Swap out media drives for more capacity. Use the session library to save settings and assets for each production. Shift from show to show—without missing a beat.
Be prepared, no matter what. Go ahead and change the formats you produce in; TriCaster will be a step ahead with native resolution support from SD, to 1080p HD. You’ll never have to transcode or turn down content from different formats, resolutions, and file types—mix any of them natively for input, output or playback. And with instant access to free software updates, you can always count on having the latest features and constant innovation.
Record Live Streaming Video, Simultaneously.
You can, when both Web streaming and program recording are built right into your production operation. Maximize online views with support for multi-bitrate streaming profiles, and even access online CDN accounts and view streams in real time with a built-in Web browser. Without missing a beat, record the entire program in the background for uploading, later viewing, archiving, or saving to disk.
Stunning Studio Sets and Backgrounds.
Wow your audience, while raising eyebrows and the profile of your show. With built-in virtual sets, and support for standalone Virtual Set Editor 2.0, you can have a network-style studio environment without the high cost or heavy construction. Broadcast live from a multi-angle virtual set that sports your company logo, with key elements you can edit. Complement your presentation with double-box effects, featuring your own video and graphics.
TriCaster™ 850 lets you take control. 24-channel live production. HD or SD. Support for up to eight cameras. And iOS devices using Apple® AirPlay®. Includes the TriCaster 855 CS control surface for a hands-on connection. Set up is easy. Broadcasting in up to 1080p - even easier. Plus, you can stream live to the Web in resolutions up to 720p. Simultaneously. It just doesn't get any better than this.
TriCaster 855 is easy to learn and lets you:
- Get a 24-channel live production system with multi-definition video support
- Connect up to eight live cameras
- Go wireless with Apple® AirPlay® support and deliver video and audio from iOS devices: iPad®, iPod®, or iPhone®
- Get instant compatibility with any AirPlay-enabled device
- Make changes on the fly with the optional TriCaster 850 CS
- Push one button to live stream
- Push one button to record
- Record up to 50 hours of 1080i
- Get unlimited storage and backup with four removable drive bays
- Configure, store and import your favorite streaming set-ups as presets
- Support for multi-bitrate streaming profiles
- Access online CDN accounts, even during live production, with an integrated Web browser
- Create and save complex switcher effects to a single button
- Have 24 HD live virtual sets and advanced matte generation
- Get the look of a sophisticated studio setting in a limited space
- Create custom virtual sets or double-box effects with optional TriCaster Virtual Set Editor (VSE)
- Get five digital media players, including two DDRs, titles bin, stills store, and sound player
- Key, position, scale, crop and rotate in 3D, and use animated effects
- Access unlimited displays from a PC or Mac® (using NewTek iVGA™ technology)
- Set shots perfectly with full field rate, on-screen preview monitors
- Expand your workspace with multi-view monitor output
- Get a multi-channel audio mixer with audio follows-video suppport
- Connect a projector or big screen for IMAG video output
- Output HD and SD video, simultaneously
- Use as a desktop system or as a rack mount unit
1. LIVE DESKTOP MONITORS with integrated multi-view monitoring, let you arrange and select shots with confidence. View all switcher sources at full field rate, with audio VU meter overlays and adjustable monitor panes.
2. NETWORK INPUTS let you go wireless with breakthrough Apple® AirPlay® support. Deliver video and audio from iOS devices, such as iPad®, iPod®, or iPhone®, into your live production. Or bring in displays from your PC or Mac®, using NewTek iVGA™ technology.
3. LOOK AHEAD PREVIEW MONITOR displays your upcoming video output. Prepare multi-layered effects, preview the output as it will appear live, and then switch with confidence.
4. PROGRAM MONITOR shows the current video output of your live production, and lets you see what your audience sees. Access controls for record and stream functions, configure your video output, and more.
5. ONE-BUTTON RECORDING captures content from your live production at full resolution (up to 1080p). Record your entire presentation for later use or capture clips for DDR playback during the show.
6. ONE-BUTTON INTERNET STREAMING allows you to use Adobe® Flash® or Microsoft® Windows Media® to deliver a full, HD live stream directly to the Web, with simultaneous archive for later viewing, and support for multi-bitrate streaming profiles. The Streaming Profile Manager includes an integrated browser to make configuration, import and previewing of your Web streams quicker and easier than you thought possible. Save and manage all of your settings for instant access at a later date.
7. LIVE PRODUCTION SWITCHER gives you control over all 24 channels, including eight external video sources, eight virtual mix/effect-style channels, five internal digital media players, two external network inputs, frame buffer and black. Custom names can be added to switcher sources.
8. UTILITY ROW makes it easy to assign sources to the Effects (FX) bus, downstream key (DSK) channels, and auxiliary (AUX) output. Utility Delegate controls let you use the Utility Row to apply selections to individual or multiple delegates, simultaneously.
9. UTILITY DELEGATE lets you set the Utility Row to send video and graphics to the FX bus, DSKs, and/or AUX output. Delegates currently affected by Utility Row selections are highlighted, while sources currently assigned are displayed for easy reference.
10. VIRTUAL INPUTS are powerful virtual mix/effect-style channels that let you to assign complex switcher effects to one button. TriCaster 850 includes eight fully customizable Virtual Inputs, each with multiple presets.
11. TRANSITION CONTROLS let you transition individual or multiple video layers on and off screen. Select the Transition Delegate button of the desired video layer(s), then use manual or auto controls to perform single-source transitions, or switch from one multi-source composition to another.
12. TRANSITIONS add interest and impact to your live production. TriCaster 850 includes more than 200 broadcast-quality HD effects.
13. HD LIVE VIRTUAL SETS let you achieve the look of a network-style studio in a limited space, using innovative NewTek LiveSet™ technology. Instantly select close-up, medium, medium-wide and wide angle shots, or perform smooth, animated zooms - without touching the camera. Sets include double-box effects and options for seated or standing presentations.
14. VIRTUAL INPUT CONTROLS let you select two primary switcher sources, create a mix/effect-style composition, and use an additional source as an overlay. Configure virtual sets, layer live elements, set upstream picture-in-picture effects, and more.
15. DIGITAL MEDIA PLAYERS include two DDRs for video playback, a titles bin, a stills store, and a sound player, making it easy to add video clips, music, images, and more, including clips captured during a live event for immediate playback. HD and SD resolutions are supported in a variety of popular file formats, with adjustable audio level settings for every clip.
16. LIVE TITLES give your production a network-style finish. Bring in graphics, titles, and animated overlays to layer on your live video, lock a title or bug to a camera or Virtual Input, and set the in and out motion for each. Title pages can be edited, even when they are displayed live.
17. MULTI-CHANNEL AUDIO MIXER gives you control over microphones, line inputs and clip playback levels, with audio-follows-video support and auxiliary routing to integrate an external audio setup.
||19 x 7 x 20.5 (in)
48.3 x 17.8 x 52 (cm)
||44 lbs (20 kg)
32-bit Floating Point
||4 channels, 96 kHz
32-bit Floating Point
||8 simultaneous Inputs.
Any combination of:
HD-SDI, HD Component, SD-SDI, SD Component, Y/C (BNC) or Composite.
HD-SDI Video Conforms to SMPTE 292M and SD Video Conforms to SMPTE 259M and ITU-R BT.656.
||8 SDI Embedded
8 x 2 Balanced XLR (Mic/Line)
Analog Audio Levels Conform to SMPTE RP-155
Phantom Power Support
||Configurable for upto 11 output connections & 2 indenpendant A/V output signals.
3 x SDI (2 program & Aux)
3 x Analog configurable for Component or Y/C + Composite (2 Program and AUX)
HDMI output (Program)
Network output for live streaming (Program)
||3 SDI Embedded
4 Balanced XLR
4 Balanced XLR (AUX)
1 Stereo 1/4” (Phones)
||NTSC: 1080/30p, 1080/24p, 1080/60i, 720/60p, 720/30p, 720/24p, 480/60i
Multi-Standard: NTSC-J; PAL 1080/25p, 1080/50i, 720/50p, 720/25p 576/25i
||Mix HD/SD resolution and 16:9/4:3 aspect ratios
||Multi-track, multi-format recording of up to 8 simultaneous channels via IsoCorder™ technology
Native recording in up to 1080p with timecode Encoding format selectable per source: QuickTime®, MPEG-2 (high or normal profile), AVI (SpeedHQ) and H.264 (high or Web quality)
||~200 hours 1080i
~ 1200 Hours (480i)
4 trayless SATA III removable drive bays with hot-swap support for unlimited storage and backup
||Full HD live streaming in resolutions up to 720p (16:9 aspect ratio), with simultaneous archive
Streaming Profile Manager with integrated Web browser for access to online CDN accounts to manage or view streams
|Supported Stream Types
Microsoft® Windows Media® Push/Pull
Support for most common stream profiles
Support for custom multi-bitrate streaming profiles
||1 Gigabit connection for network inputs and streaming output
|Network Source Support
||2 live sources via Gigabit connection, selectable from any networked computer or Apple® AirPlay® device
||8 independent, mix/effect-style channels, with transitions and per-source 3D positioning, scaling and cropping
|Virtual Input Overlay
||1 per channel, upstream with keying, transitions, and independent effects, including positioning, scaling, cropping and 3D rotation
|Live Virtual Sets
||24 HD live virtual sets, with multiple camera angles, real-time reflections, specular highlights, animated zoom and presets
||Dual downstream keys (DSK) with matting, transitions, and independent effects, including positioning, scaling, cropping and 3D rotation
||5 integrated digital media players, including 2 DDRs, Stills, Titles, and Sounds players, with presets and alpha channel support, with individually adjustable audio levels for all clips
||Full field rate displays, including Program, Look-Ahead Preview, and source windows configurable for All Monitors, External Monitors, Internal Monitors, Switcher Monitors and Scopes
Embedded audio VU meter overlays that show/hide automatically with sound
Adjustable source and switcher group monitor panes
|Multi-View Monitor Output
||Layout choices include All Monitors, External Monitors, Internal Monitors, Program, Preview, Effects, Preview/Program, and Waveform/Vectorscope
||16:9 or 4:3 aspect ratio, up to 1920 x 1200 resolution
|Integrated Character Generator
|Playback Media Formats
||Movie files: DNxHD, DV, DVCPro, DVCProHD, MOV, MKV, MJPEG, MPEG (1,2 in all profiles, program or transport streams), AVI, MOV, DV, H.263, H.264, FLV, F4V, WMV, MP4, and more
Still formats: PSD, PNG, TGA, BMP, JPEG, EXR, RAW, TIF, and more
Audio formats: WAV, MP3, AIFF and more
|Export Media Formats
||Export module is included for batch copying with optional transcoding to a wide variety of different file formats and for a wide variety of different applications and devices
Media types: AVI, DV, DVCPro, MJPEG, MP4, H.264, MPEG-2, DVD, MOV and more
Presets for external NLEs: Adobe Premiere, Avid MediaComposer, Apple® FinalCut Pro, and more
Presets for all mobile platforms: Android®, iPad®, iPhone®, iPod® Touch and more
||Waveform and Vectorscope displays
Full field rate with color preview
Support for ITU-R Rec. 601 and 709 standards
||Redundant and removable
||Multi-tiered software fail-safe (audio and video)
||TriCaster 850 TW
TriCaster Virtual Set Editor,
TriCaster TimeWarp™ and LiveText™2
||DB 15 connector for 8 PGM row tally lights
||4U Rack Mount
Specifications subject to change without notice. Some restrictions on formats and bitrates might apply.
Click Image to Enlarge